Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Baptism at the lake

I wanted to share these pictures of a wonderful victory in our church... the salvation {this year} and then baptism of these four precious souls.  Now, this is actually not our only baptism for the year 2012.  This is just our annual trip out to the lake for our "Church in the Woods" activity.  Since rain was inevitable this day, we called off the special church services {and had regular services at the church instead} and cookout that we look forward to here each year.  However, those who were brave and willing to risk being showered on showed up to watch the morning's events out at the lake.  The ground was, oh so very soft and muddy from rain earlier in the week, but not a drop of rain in sight during the baptism.  As soon as we finished and walked away, the drops started coming!  Thank you, Lord, for waiting on us!
{Below} Three cheers for anyone who can find all 6 from our family in this picture.  I kinda think we blend right in... because these people are our family!
{Below} Lena had the right idea!


 While we waited for the adults to dress, I took pictures of the kiddos playing by the water.  My biggest challenge was keeping them out of it.  My little village kids would have gladly jumped in, church clothes and all, if I had only whispered the word!
{Below} Brianna with her new friend Vika.  {And by the way, those pretty white shoes did not stay white for very long!}




I love seeing our church grow through salvations and baptisms.  Though we don't see big results like today each and every day of the year, we do see a steady growth which is a reminder that we are reaching our goals of winning the lost and teaching others to do likewise!

(David had the privilege of leading the man in the very first picture in the top right hand corner to the Lord.  He also was able to lead a very special grandmother to Christ the very morning of this baptism, but I will save that wonderful story for another post.)

9 comments:

  1. Such a blessing, Jolene! I love the pictures of you and your kids. Brianna is such a cutie with her matching doll, and that littlest boy is getting quite handsome, well they all are! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rejoicing with you and with the angels in heaven!!! Wow, what beautiful pictures of the Lord's work (through you and your family too, my sweet friend!) in Ukraine! *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise the Lord for adding more souls to His family! What a special blessing! I pray that the Lord would bring more fruit for your labor in His time.

    Love,
    Heather
    Is. 6:8
    (used to sign in as Called to Make the Difference)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baptisms are so touching! I love seeing pictures of baptisms!!! Thank you for sharing.

    The kiddies are getting so, so big! I can't believe how grown-up Baby Micah is! All of them are such beautiful children!!!

    **Happy Birthday to Nate today!!!**

    We love you and miss you!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise the Lord! Great pictures of a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karina SchrockFriday, July 20, 2012

    Praise God. Seeing how the Lord wonderfully works in Ukraine, giving me so much courage for Belarus and people there.
    I really hoped that i could come this summer for Conference. It always a tremendous blessing and encouragement spiritually to be there. I will be praying for you guys there...
    With love,

    for His Glory,
    Karina Schrock

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praise the Lord for all of His wonderful works in the hearts of mankind. May you continue to see such fruit to your account.
    I love the pictures and I had NO trouble finding your sweet family in the picture even though you did blend in beautifully.
    I love you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ginny WilliamsFriday, July 20, 2012

    What a blessing you are to me I enjoy your e-mail so much and
    I was able to find all of you in the picture.
    I am getting to where I can't go to church very much and pray
    For you and your church also the Van Sants also .just wanted
    To say I love you and look forward to hearing from you
    Mrs Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesomeeee PTL :D I loveee hearing about new brothers and sisters in Christ!!! :D
    Cuteeee Hello Kitty boots!!! I love Hello Kitty haha ;D
    EEEEEK lol I found all of you guys from your family in like, 8 seconds! haha :D #imsocool LoL jk ;D hehehe

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! "As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country." Proverbs 25:25