Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Bearing Gifts

Daddy's home from Israel, and we're all so relieved to have him back with us! Life is always more pleasant when hubby is around. He came home bearing gifts, and I thought I would share with you the souvenirs he brought us:
For Davey, a cap: For Nate, a "talking" camel:For Brianna, a beautiful embroidered skirt:For 2-month old Micah, lots of lovin' and kissin': And for me, drumroll please.... The chewiest, gooiest, most delicious dates you have ever sunk your teeth into. Seriously, people, they taste like candy for adults! David knows I love these, and he has started going out of his way to find me the very best Israel has to offer. We can get these here in Ukraine, but let me tell you.... they don't stand up to the ones grown right in the soil of the Promised Land! If you come to my house and I still have some of these dates left, I promise to share. (By the way, the big bonus here is that my kids don't like them! And, if you think you don't like them either, I bet you'll change your mind after tasting these.) So, come on over, friends, for the "welcome home" party going on at my house!

2 comments:

  1. I'll bet those dates are delicious. Micah is looking pretty scrumptious, too! What a beautiful little chubby boy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those dates look delicious! Your sweetheart chose such wonderful gifts for you all! I'm so glad he's home with his beautiful family now. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! "As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country." Proverbs 25:25