Sunday, June 26, 2011

We Luv Dad!

(We are in the Israeli airport, waiting to board in a few hours.  I will post about our trip here later, but since Father's Day passed a week ago, I wanted to do this post first!)

I love really personal, one-of-a-kind gifts.  If you have been following this blog for very long, you probably already know that.  So, for Father's Day this year, I did a Google search for ideas and found this picture (below) and knew that was exactly what I wanted to do for Father's Day 2011:
Since I have four children, not three (like were pictured in the original picture), I had a little more freedom when choosing what letters to write on my childrens' feet.  You can see in the pictures below that it took a *LOT* of tries, but you can also see how much fun we had!

Take 1:
Take 2:


Take 3: (below)  Oops!  Got Mommy's feet too!
Take 4:
Take 5: (below)  What happened to Davey?!
Take 6:
Take 7: (below)  Perfect!  (or close enough anyway!)  Cropped and changed to black and white...
(Below)  Custom-framed and matted in a stunning silver... A special gift for a special Daddy!
Happy Father's Day 2011 to a hero Daddy who provides strong, protective hands for his adoring four children!

18 comments:

  1. Just love it, Jolene. You really do come up with some fantastic ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Precious little baby feet ~ bigger kids, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that idea! And those pictures were hilarious, especially the one where your feet were added in! I think you should've framed that one!!! Just kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jolene~ I ♥ this! Super cute and fun!
    I am definitely going to have to try this. Maybe next year?! Thanks for sharing and hope you have a great trip!
    Your friend from afar,
    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your new blog look too, Jolene!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I love pictures of little feet! What a terrific idea for such a personal gift! Love it!
    The new look to your blog is super cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! What a precious keep-sake!

    I hope you made it home safely!

    Hugs from far away!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  8. love fun pictures like that! very personal and creative! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute idea! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's awesome!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute!
    You are such a sweet wife and precious mommy!
    Love you, Jolene!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful!!! And I know you had lots and lots of giggles and laughs while getting that chosen photo. God bless those children who love their parents.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I luved your We Luv Dad post. I laughed at Davey in every picture. He looked so enthused about the whole idea and situation. hahaha!!! Very cute idea. :o) Have a wonderful trip! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great idea! Sooo cute! I'll have to do this someday when I have little ones of my own. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This was such a sweet idea! Need to find out where you come up with such cute ideas! Love ya ~ Mona

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a neat idea. Love the out-takes. I tried something similar and mentioned your post on my blog (<http://controllingcraziness.blogspot.com/2012/06/pictures-of-kids-shadows.html). Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! "As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country." Proverbs 25:25