Friday, October 30, 2009

Photo Contest

At our recent Couple's Retreat, the 24 couples who attended were split up into four groups. One of the games we participated in was a photo contest. Each team was given 24 hours and a list of 20 ways to photograph themselves. Whichever team participated with the most imagination won. Well, I'm very excited to announce that our team, the "Joint-Heirs" won! However, I WILL say that every team worked really hard and some really great pictures were taken. The winning picture, hands-down, was not even taken by our team. I hope to share that picture with you too, soon... It was a CLASSIC! For now, enjoy these pictures, keeping in mind what we were asked to do and seeing how we used our creative imaginations to do that. I'll list the items, and then show our team's picture for that item... Oh, and by the way, I would highly recommend this game! It was a great "ice-breaker" and kept us laughing for... well, more than 24 hours!

1. Acting out a scene from a Biblical event
2. Doing what a sign says
3. I can't believe we all fit in here!
4. Mimic a statue
5. Can you find us?
6. Spell something in people (They're spelling "God" with Russian letters!) 7. Make yourself appear really small
8. Unusual perspective
9. Catalog pose 10. Sit between two strangers on a bench
11. Hug a grandma (By the way, this grandma was a stranger... didn't she do great?!) 12. Entire team on the beach13. Entire team in your morning devotions 14. Entire team participating in a game 15. Entire team in front of the hotel
16. One couple drinking tea together
17. One couple hugging
18. One couple being romantic (This was our visiting preacher and his wife!!)
19. One couple praying together 20. One couple in a store shopping I'd love for you to leave me a comment and let me know which picture from this contest you enjoyed the most!

5 comments:

  1. Jolene, I LOVED all the pictures. It's hard to pick a favorite. However, the one "making someone appear small" is very creative. Looks like lots of fun! Glad you had a great time.
    ~Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. David posing as a model is CLASSIC!! :) Looks like it was a fun game!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a hard time convincing Nate (my five-year old) that, in the "making someone appear small" picture, he wasn't really holding her. I still don't think he believes me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The WHBC Youth Department has done the same type of activity before. OBC did the same last year, I believe. I loved it! It was a lot of fun. May the Lord continue to bless your family and the work ya'll are doing over there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The WHBC Youth Department has done the same type of activity before. OBC did the same last year, I believe. It was a lot of fun! May the Lord continue to bless your family and the work ya'll are doing over there.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! "As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country." Proverbs 25:25