Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Hats and Scarves for Orphans!

Last week I had the privilege (along with my family and co-worker Nelya) to deliver a box of hand-crotched hats and scarves to the orphanage. This orphanage, located on "51st Army" Street, currently houses 42 children.

A ladies' church group from Texas have "adopted" these 42 children, even though they have never met the children.... or me! This past summer they sent enough hats and scarves for the children to each receive two sets. I decided to wait until cold weather to deliver them, for fear the kids might lose them before they needed them. When the weather got cold enough for hats, the entire country was put on a quarantine due to the H1N1 flu. Schools, universities, many work places, etc., were closed down for nearly a month. During this time we were not allowed into the orphanage and the children were not allowed to be picked up for church.

Finally, last week I was able to make the delivery, and oh, what fun it was! The older teen boys were not too interested in trying on hats in front of me and certainly were not about to let me take their pictures (they are typical, teen boys!), but the girls were another story. They had a little "fashion show" going, having me take their pictures in every different color so they could see what they looked like. (I guess my camera was more interesting than just using a mirror!)

Thank you to Mrs. Cherrie Call and ladies of Beach Street Baptist Church in Fort Worth, Texas, for using your talents to warm our orphans this winter! Helping these children physically opens the door to meet their needs spiritually. Thank you for sharing the love of Christ with these precious children that Jesus loves and wants to draw unto Himself. I look forward to meeting you one day and thanking you in person because I feel like you have done something special for my own children!

Enjoy these pictures of the children whose pictures I managed to take. Aren't they just beautiful children?!







But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 19:14

0 friends who left an encouraging comment:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! "As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country." Proverbs 25:25