Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Safely in Germany

I wanted to let everyone know that we made it safely to Munich, Germany. Thank you to all who wrote to say they were praying (and thanks also to those who prayed, but did not write!).

We turned in our visa applications at the Ukrainian Consulate yesterday and were told we could pick up our visas on Monday. Until then, we will be in Mannheim at the Christmas Missionary Retreat held by Missionaries to the Military, Tom and Dottie Lancaster. In just a few hours we will be boarding a train for that two- or three-hour trip.

I snapped a few pictures here yesterday and thought I would share them with you. I'm not sure if we will have internet access where we are going, but I will write again as soon as I get the opportunity. Enjoy a small taste of things here that have caused me to pull my camera out!

Downtown Munich...
Below, the room number for our hotel room... creative, right?
And another room number.... (I would have taken a picture of all of them, but you get the idea...) Some tiny German cars... Texans like everything big, and apparently Germans like small. I'm thinking about sticking a couple of these little "toys" in my suitcase to take home to my boys for Christmas!....

0 friends who left an encouraging comment:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! "As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country." Proverbs 25:25