Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Wonder of Poppies

Do you remember when I talked about my sweet 8-year old son Davey sliding poppies under the bathroom door for me to find after my shower? After kissing him and thanking him hundreds of times for being such a sweet angel, I scooped up my flowers and put them in a cup. Just a few days later, the petals had fallen off, and look what my observant hubby discovered...

Original picture

Closeup view
Now, I don't know about you, but I stand in awe at the perfect beauty. A poppy is just a weed. And inside this weed is a perfect little base... perfectly symmetrical, appealing in color, and just incredibly beautiful. I mean, how many of us wouldn't wish we could decorate little cookies, muffins, or even a cake... like God has decorated the inside of a poppy - something we just consider to be a weed.
And doesn't it look like it has sugar sprinkled on top for that last, perfect touch?!
Breathtaking... not just the poppy... but our amazing Creator!

5 comments:

  1. That IS amazingly beautiful! Yes, we serve a Great and Mighty God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful, Jolene! Love you! ~Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...how beautiful! And how interesting! To think that He takes the time to dress the "lilies of the field," how much more does He care for me!!! What an encouraging thought for the day!

    Thank you for sharing, Sweet Sister!

    Love,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely indeed.

    Mrs. H

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was looking through your house posts (maybe, almost coveting a little), and then I came to this. I love it! I recognized them right away. We had some of those seed pods in our kitchen for a while this summer. One day I drew them, because they were just so amazing to me. The poppies themselves fall apart right away, and it seems that the bright beauty is gone... and then there's something even more amazing left behind.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! "As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country." Proverbs 25:25