Monday, September 27, 2010

Missionary Monday - Where is Ukraine?

As we have traveled throughout America, I have been surprised to find out how many people really have no idea where Ukraine is located. So, here is a handy map to show you where these blog posts are being written from: The small area that is dark green is where we actually live. I have always been a southern girl and since David grew up in Mexico, we are conveniently enjoying living in the "south." {smile} We call this peninsula that we live on (the Crimean peninsula that juts into the Black Sea), our little "Florida."

Ukraine is a typically cold country. If you were to look at a world map, you would see that we are as far north as southern Canada. However, we do get a slight break in the weather since we are nearly as far south as you can get here in Ukraine. God does truly love us and has our best interests in mind (including my love of WARMTH!)

And, here is what the Ukrainian flag looks like:
It has no symbols, and is really a very simple flag. However, you can see below that the Ukrainians got the idea for their flag from God's beautiful creation:
I added the verse and the last picture is part of the video presentation I recently finished for our furlough back home.
In just 8 days, we leave for America. This brings me goosebumps because it brings me that much closer to holding my newest little one in my arms. And, tomorrow, I have another ultrasound....!

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to meeting you in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew about Ukraine, but I wouldn't have recognized the flag. I love how you put the flag and then the other picture - it sure is beautiful. Enjoy your time in America.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it's already time for you to come home! So excited for you and hope you guys will be able to get this way while in the U.S.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! "As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country." Proverbs 25:25