Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Where is Jolene?

Brianna, my 3 1/2 year old, walking through a mall with her "Mimi"

For a quick answer, we are in a hotel in St. Louis, Missouri, on our way to Lawrence, Kansas. The kids are playing, David is watching basketball, and I am enjoying our second time to have internet access since we have been back in America.

My heart is very full of blessings. On Saturday I celebrated my 32nd birthday with my little family and dear mother-in-law. Loving family and friends flew Mom from Mexico to be with me so that the two of us could enjoy a Ladies' Conference together. We were both blessed to have our hearts refreshed and spend special time fellowshipping and catching up. She has returned to Mexico, and we will be joining her there in about 3 weeks, for her annual Ladies' Banquet, where my hubby will be the special speaker. Thank you, my sweet David, for making this birthday such an unforgettable, special treat!

My other birthday gifts included money to buy books and CDs from the church bookstore as well as $100 from a Spanish pastor and his wife who also took us out to eat. I used the money to buy myself a new camera since my other one has been steadily losing quality and life. Thank you, dear friends, for blessing me this way! I know that you, my blog friends, will enjoy the pictures I am able to share here in the future.

I am now 6 months pregnant and certainly "showing" now. And the beautiful name we have chosen for our 3rd son is Micah James. Ahhh, I love it!

I do not know when you will hear from me again. My "Missionary Mondays," posts, and personal e-mails will be "randomly rare" over the next 5 months, but I know you understand. Please keep us in your prayers as we steadily travel, visiting supporting churches to report on our ministry. David has preached 16-17 times already in the three weeks we have been back, and I have even taught a couple of times and given my testimony on a few occasions. We are certainly staying busy! Unless Micah James decides to make plans of his own, we will be traveling until his arrival, at which time we will settle down in Decatur, Texas, for a couple of weeks.

And, to you new readers who found my blog address on the back of our prayer card, WELCOME! It is an exciting journey when you are serving the Lord!

9 comments:

  1. Hello Jolene! I'm right down the road in St. Charles! Enjoy your travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your baby's name! Micah is my brother's middle name. You picked a good one! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please send my greetings to pastor Hanks! thank you! praying for your family and travels

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had such a wonderful time! Mom also enjoyed her time with you. Definitely unforgettable!

    Be careful! You are in our daily prayers.

    I love you.
    --Anna
    P.S. Thank you for the CD! How very thoughtful of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new camera - does this mean we can see more pictures of all of you guys? Can't believe Brianna is getting to big!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you all!! Excited to learn of Micah James' name! Our Levi's middle name is James too. =) And, Happy 32nd birthday Jolene! We are the same age. *smile* Blessings to you in the coming months as you travel, share our Father's love, and prepare for your newest gift!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jolene, just saw on here that you were a follower of my blog, yours is super cute! Thanks for following. . . ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just checking in with you as you get closer and closer to Micah's arrival. You remain in our prayers. You have my e-mail address, let us know when you are closer. May God continue to bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi i love your blog i am just starting out with my blog could you please give your honest opinion on my story blog it is erin and addy's adventures or if you need advice go to addy's advice! thank you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! "As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country." Proverbs 25:25