Monday, November 14, 2011

The Work Schedule of a Missionary

Hubby recently wrote an excellent article for North Valley Baptist Church in Santa Clara, California, to be posted on their North Valley News site.  He did an outstanding job, and I wanted to share it with you as well.  And, by the way, I cannot say enough great things about our friends out in California who are some of our dearest friends on this earth.  {Hi friends, if you're reading!} 

So, without further ado, I introduce you to my favorite guest blogger of all time...
One of the challenges of living on the mission field is keeping one’s perspectives in order, never losing sight of what the priorities should be. A possible pitfall for the missionary is that, in contrast to a staff member back in the States, he is his own on-site boss. Though there should be a system of accountability, often this is not the case.


Understanding this dynamic, the missionary would be wise to follow a few principles to ensure that he is being effective on the mission field...

6 comments:

  1. What a fantastic article! Thank you for sharing.
    I shared this on our Missionary Society Facebook page. I know they will enjoy it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We, here at home, need to keep our schedule, too. Not only praying for missionaries our church supports, but letting them know that we do. For this, I really appreciate those who maintain blogs -- and those we connect to on Facebook. It's a reminder that His word is world-wide and we can be there, too! Our support goes beyond the collection plate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent article! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good...Motivating, too!

    Thank you for being a great example of what you "preach."

    I love you *BOTH*!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband and I have had a conversation about this several times. Your husband said it exactly; what a blessing! I even showed the article to Damon and he got all excited to see the subject stated so clearly. I'm also blessed to have a missionary husband who takes his responsibility seriously and is very scheduled.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! "As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country." Proverbs 25:25