Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tour My Home - part 6: {master bathroom & closet}


I have kept you in suspense, haven't I?  It has been awhile since I have given another tour inside of our home, but just look at it this way:  You are my guest, and I am doing everything I can to keep you around longer!  We don't get too many guests out here in our village!

The next room up is the master bathroom and closet...  one of my favorite spaces in all of our home.  I love the colors; I love the comfort; and I love that everything in this space is pretty much done!  Most of all, though, I LOVE that I always have water now!  This is the first time I have been able to confidently say that in all of the years we have lived here in Ukraine.  Building your own home with your own well has its advantages, for sure!

{Below}  Thought you'd like to see the Russian writing on our bathroom products.  Kind of neat to see American products with Russian on them, isn't it?

{Below}  That walk-in closet is a dream come true!  We had the shelves and rods put in this past March, and let me tell you... I have been in heaven ever since then.  Before that, all of our clothes have been stored off and on in Rubbermaid boxes.  And, after nearly a decade of doing that, it was getting old.  To be honest, it was getting pretty easy to just wear what was folded at the top of the stack because digging through the box and messing everything up just wasn't worth the hassle.  So, yes, I'm sure you can see why I am in heaven now!

[And, by the way, we store everything in here... books, school supplies, extra linens & blankets, DVDs, scrapbooking and sewing supplies, etc...]
{Below} Everything is accessible, out in the open, clean and neat.... What more could a gal ask for? 

One funny thing about this closet:  Our main builder could not understand what this "small room" could possibly be for.  He said, "I don't get it.  It is too small to be bedroom, and it can't be a bathroom since that is going to be next to it.  What could this space be for?"  I think I've mentioned before that Ukrainians use wardrobes/armoires instead of built-in closets.  I'm sure if he could see how it turned out, he would be pleased!

{Below} My faithful washing machine that keeps purring like a kitty.  You can read all about how I do laundry in this post.  Not too much has changed since I wrote that post.  [No, we still don't have a dryer, though last week I saw one here in our city for the first time ever for sale.  And it only cost $2,000!  No thank you.  Hanging clothes on a rack never looked so good.]
{Below} I brought this laundry organizer back with me from America and it fit in this space like a glove!

{Below}  Here is a close-up of the tile.  See the pretty flowers that are a part of the design?
Thanks again for stopping by to see my pretty space!  One of my friends calls this area my "office."  I can see where she gets that... since this is where I usually start and end my day!

Next part of the tour: the boys' room!

16 comments:

  1. Very nice!!I really like your closet too.We are a family of 11 with one bathroom and no real closets.:)So I am really happy for you!!What a blessing that must be.I can totally understand the wearing whatever was on top part.:)It's all very pretty too.Love your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! And I can't understand why Europeans still haven't decided to build closets. My SIL in Sweden said the same thing. I just love the multi-purposeness (if that's a real word) of closets :-) And the tile is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and for that price of a dryer I'd still be hanging clothes, too! When ours died, we hung our clothes until it started working again (a dryer is a luxury not a necessity). Hopefully, though, they will get more affordable as it would make it much easier for you with 4 kiddos :-) What do you do in the winter? Are clothes hung in the house?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing!!!! Your home is beautiful. So happy for you. Maybe one day I can come see it in person :) That would be awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed the tour of your home! It is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just added this feed to my bookmarks. I have to say, I very much enjoy reading your blogs. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jolene, LOVE the colors! So clean, cheerful, and classy! I REALLY enjoy seeing the beautiful home our Father, has blessed you with!!! Helps me picture your precious family laughing, learning, serving, and growing together, there! *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! So clean and organized!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the tile, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing. I love your closet! I wouldn't pay that much for a dryer either, but the good thing about not having a dryer is you save money on electricity. We're praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just stopped by your blog for the first time, I just wanted to say HI! We have a family closet in our home. It's so nice bringing everything to ONE room and everything being in plain sight and organized!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have loved touring your house and seeing how ya'll live. It is a beautiful house and you just feel the peace there. Thanks for being so open with us so we better know how to pray also.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE THE TOUR OF YOUR HOME.
    What a pretty room and the organization is wonderful.
    I would love to send you a dryer, but ????
    Sure would like to have you here for Christmas!
    Much love to everyone.
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your house! Wish we could come see you.

    Thanks so much for sharing your mission field - as always, I am so impressed with all the Lord is using you guys to do there.

    Bro. Garry

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love "seeing" where you live. Thanks for tour(s). You are a doll and I love you too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! "As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country." Proverbs 25:25