Monday, May 24, 2010

Missionary Monday

I am starting a new feature to my blog that I have decided to call "Missionary Monday." The idea is really very simple.... Every Monday I will post something about missions, being a missionary, etc...

Although you'll see lots of pictures of my sweet kids, our home, and things we do, I want to keep the focus of this blog on missions. I also want you see see what it is like for us to be missionaries here so you can, in a small way, live this adventure with us!

This week I decided to post a poem about missionary wives, and I hope that it will be an encouragement to my missionary wife friends! This little laminated paper was a gift that I received a couple of years ago from the dear ladies of Maranatha Baptist Church of Western Oaks in Oklahoma City. Thank you, ladies!
Missionary Wives
Missionaries and their wives are a very special breed.
They sacrifice their homeland, to plant the gospel seed.
His part is done in preaching, with the Word that God hath spoken.
While the wife takes care of others, with a heart that's truly broken.
He must use sound Bible wisdom, as he seeks to do his part.
While she prays for him and others, with a kind and tender heart.
He works all day with natives, bringing God into their lives,
While she does her wifely duties, and the years go passing by.
They labor in the harvest, seeking to win each precious soul.
While people they love and serve with, don't really care or know.
The work is hard and long, as they press on through the days.
And the wife who is the helpmeet, receives very little praise.
For it's the man who is the preacher, and establishes the work of God.
But without his wife beside him, foreign lands he'd never trod.
So the wife is very special, as they work where God does lead.
And Jesus sees her love for Him, as His lambs she loves and feeds.

Just thought I'd add one thought here, though.... We DO receive constant blessings. Unlike the poem leads you to think... I want you to know that we are here at the front of the battle lines where we see, not only the "fallen," but we also see the many, many steps of progress... souls saved and lives changed!

So, I would choose no other life!

9 comments:

  1. Jolene, I'm so excited about this new feature on your blog!!! Yah! And, happy 8th birthday to your little man Davey! Looks like he loves his new bike!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice :o)

    BTW.... I found some old sermon notes the other day from 2001; preacher: David Sloan ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your blog entry this morning.

    Hugs to everyone!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well with all the showers and weddings I finally had time to answer you letter and let you know how much I enjoyed your blog. I thought I had to sign in to see it but they wanted me to start a blog of my own ( Ha) I do not need a blog . But I enjoy reading about your lovely children they are a blessing from God. I also enjoy reading about your village I like to know how the other half live and to know how to pray for you and your friends . It is so hot hear ,how is the weather there? Your little girl is precious I love little girls boy to but never had a boy only my grandson and I kept him all time he was a joy to me. Don't want to bore you with all my talk so will close and tune in next Monday I enjoy it all

    Love to you and family
    Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen Sister! I wouldn't choose any other life either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you know who wrote the thing on Missionary Wives?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m sorry, but I do not know. I would have gladly given credit if I had known.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! "As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country." Proverbs 25:25